Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day



This was a 2x2x2 suggestion from my Calligraphic Guild in Spokane, Washington. That is, 2 different hands, 2 different colors, 2 different sizes of lettering. My "go-to" hands are Italic, Bookhand or Foundational and Uncial. However this piece just cried out for Copperplate. I love it but I am not always comfortable using it. I don't practice it enough. Nevertheless, I tackled this sheet and had multiple tries of the copperplate. The foundational hand was whipped out immeditately but not so the other lettering. Still it was a fun project and I enjoyed doing it. I hope you will enjoy it too and have a wonderful, love filled Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely! And good for you for stepping outside your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete